10 July 2002
At work we are sifting through a continuous stream of résumés from programmers. Some of them are good, some are bad, and the rest are worse. Here are our top ten tips on what not to do:
- Do not comment on your previous boss' questionable parentage.
- Do not list jobs you've held in previous lives.
- Do not include your [jail] cell number in your address.
- Do not provide the URL of your homepage on geocities.
- Do not dot the 'i's with hearts.
- D0 n07 u53 inph0rm41 14ngu4g3.
- Do not write using crayons.
- Do not list your astrological sign or planet of origin.
- Do not list alternate personalities as character references.
- Do not ever reveal that you are an MCSE.
On a related note, here is a classic document from when I worked at Ingenia. "So huh?"
< Previous | Next >