Moo Database Browser
moobrowser.c is a command-line tool that extracts
information from a Moo database file. It can be compiled with any C compiler, or
one can download moobrowser.exe for DOS.
- moobrowser <DB FILE>
- moobrowser <DB FILE> [objects | players]
- moobrowser <DB FILE> [<OBJECT> | <OBJECT:VERBNUM> | <OBJECT.PROPNAME>]
- Object numbers can omit the '#' symbol.
To see what the output looks like, view this sample transcript.
A server-side web-based interface is also available.
There are no known bugs. However, there are some opportunities for improvement. I don't
plan on pursuing any of these, though I'd welcome contributions from those who wish to extend
- State information regarding queued tasks, suspended tasks and connections are
in the database but aren't reported.
- No attempt is made to recover corrupt databases.
- No support for non-standard data-types, such as WAIFs.
- This is a read-only tool, there is no ability to modify values in the database.
Last modified: 28 May 2005