Telescopic Mechanical Arm - 1
The TMA-1 project has been under intermittent
development for a decade (with no visible end in sight). Its basic
parameters are as follows:
- Three axis robot, plus electromagnet (expandable to eight functions).
- Based on the movements of the Gradall Excavator.
- Strong enough to lift a brick with ease.
- Interfaced to a PC via 2 parallel ports and 1 joystick port.
- Framework constructed out of Meccano.
- Fixed base, arm reaches 0.75m from centre.
- Worst-case seek time of 10 seconds.
- Extremely durable and failure-resistant.
- Apparently on perpetual loan to OCESS.
Side view of TMA-1 robot.
Last modified: 22 November 2000