'Creative writing' is usually reserved for time sheets and progress
reports. However, from time to time I've found myself composing some short
piece of literature. Judging by the number of copies of my writing that
have been stolen from my site and posted elsewhere (usually without credit),
I'd like to think that I have some talent. Still, I don't intend to give up
my day job.
- Differential Synchronization
- An architecture for collaborative text editing.
- Diff and Patch
- Improving the algorithms driving the central tools for version control.
- Cursor Preservation
- Techniques for preserving cursor locations in collaborative editors.
- Exception Handling
- The problems and benefits of programming exception handlers.
- Virtual Host Insecurity
- A technical document illustrating some of the security pitfalls of virtual hosting.
- Neural Network Follies
- Illustrates two of the pitfalls of neural networks.
- Inverness and Elgin
- A short video of Inverness and Elgin, in the North of Scotland.
- The Bridges of Inverness
- Photographs and history of the bridges across the River Ness and Caledonian Canal.
- Photographs and technical description of the controls for a railroad switch.
- Cycling Britain
- An account of my experiences while cycling from one end of Britain to the other.
- The one, the only, photograph of Earth
- Why is it that every photograph of Earth is identical?
- It's alive, it's alive!
- A serious discussion about the qualifiers of life.
- Insurance Policy
- A short science fiction story about testing the ultimate bomb.
- You're fired
- 16,777,216 fun ways to fire someone.
- The Exam
- Would you pass the final exam for the 'Space Force Marines'?
- Instructions for the MARK II HAND PHASER
- You have just purchased a new Star Trek phaser. Here is the instruction manual.
- Hard work may pay off in the end, but procrastination pays off now.
- Script for Star Trek Skit
- Parody that a group of us performed many years ago in Ottawa.
Last modified: 26 August 2010